Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fool's Paradise

Clarifying my last post: I was not suggesting that we are submerged in a second Great Depression. I'm not a financial analyst. I'm just taking note that if things get worse, we've got a little piece of history to learn from (cough*GreatDepression*cough).

That said, here's something hilarious:

Ironically, my buddy found that photo on TwitPic.

And what is it about Twitter that gets people going? Is it reasonable to be that interested in letting everyone know what menial tasks you're completing throughout the day? Are we all just growing increasingly retarded?

Sure, it makes sense for a business to post new details about their services, I guess. And maybe somebody out there really wants to know what his/her favorite celebrity is doing at all times of the day (stalker) but are we growing that self-absorbed as a demographic that we really think people care about what we're doing?

I have enough faith that Twitter will grow to be something substantial, but it's gonna get blown out of the water by other social media sites sooner rather than later if it can't offer a bigger benefit than the current "look who's over-feeding their cat!" service. I could very well be proven wrong, but only at the expense of my faith in the human intellect. Let's try to avoid turning into a bunch of Twits.

No comments:

Post a Comment